Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Band


Ok, so they're not really MY band. I just serve as their artistic director and conductor. They are the Mile High Community Band. I have been directing this crew for about three years now. Man time flies! We aren't into the huge concerts or really showy events. We are more about the educational part of learning to play an instrument. Most of the people have been playing their instrument for a couple of years. Some more, some less. One thing we all have in common is that we enjoy getting togehter to play. We have a Beginning band, Intermediate band, Jazz band and Concert band.
At the end of May, we played for the Colfax Marathon which was organized for it's second year to raise grant monies for Colorado childrens organizations. By Jazz band from school joined us for this hot sunny Sunday. We played some great music to run (or walk) by; I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Eye of The Tiger, Mission Impossible (I know. How cruel.) and an upbeat Lady Madonna.
I really enjoy directing this group. Right now we've been playing at Red Rocks Community College for the summer since our normal spot, Lincoln HS, is having some renovations completed.

No comments: